Thursday, December 14, 2006

The essentials: Food and Sleep


My heavens how the concerns about eating have dissipated like the bowls of spaghetti for lunch and dinner. She is also chugging down the formula. The Bebelac has a vanilla scent to it that is very pleasant. Julia continues to be the primary caregiver, me I’m the flogger – I fetch and I blog. All of that is good. I’m happy when the girl is happy – She’s got one scream on her. We’ve gotten calls of complaint from Cairo. Her sleeping is the final issue of complaint, not worry. It is nice to not have worries. She has a hard time being happy not being in Julia’s arms. Now I know she appreciates the compliment to her care and love, but she’d certainly like to lay down to sleep. Ella Mesay won’t even let her lay down and snuggle on Julia’s chest. She has to sit up unless EM is in a deep sleep. Last night was really hard on Julia as Ella would not get to that deep sleep. She had to sit up for most of the night.
Tonight shows a little promise as Ella Mesay hasn’t had a full blown nap all day. We are going to run to the pizza place for one final outing. Then comes the joy of packing, and maybe I’ll find the stuff I’ve been looking for all week. We are trying to arrange one final outing tomorrow to Shero Meda, a textile market. It is safer than the Merkato, which is mentioned below.

We’ll try to get up some more things, but we’ll be pretty busy with the final preparations and one last shopping trip. We’ll continue to put some Ethio stories even after we get back.

Thanks for everyone’s support. We love seeing the comments.

Just uploaded the picture. Jez, she's cute.

2 comments:

montanapen said...

Oh Jeez yes, She is adorable!!! Thanks for the great blogging and pictures. I am anxious to visit with you when we get a chance to get together.
All is going ok here. I have 10 exchange students to place by the end of December first of January and haven't a clue as to where I am going to go with them; something will jell.
Take care
Safe travels blessings to you.
Love you lots.
Penny

Anonymous said...

This posts pictures cracks me up!! How did she learn Julia's coy look so quickly?? :) She's a' gonna be a beauty just like her new mama.

My gosh. It must be very hard to work to serve her every need, to make her feel happy and satisfied, yet still not be able to completely do it because her little body is still adjusting to changes in people and places. You all are very courageous!

I enjoy the blog so much, and thank you for posting it.

Always in my thoughts,

Stacey LaBahn
(HS and beyond friend of Julia)